Friday, January 9, 2009

friday field trip (from the sketchbook).

two of my great passions in life are traveling and sketching, which equals many many travel sketchbooks. it all started in spain in 1993.  while traveling on a train, my camera was stolen out of my backpack. i began to sketch in my journal just so i could capture certain things that i wanted to remember. my journal eventually turned into a sketchbook.  all of my sketches are done really quickly, literally in seconds, and i actually find that my best sketches are done in a moving vehicle like a car or even while riding a bike.

every friday i am going to post a page from one of my travel sketchbooks. that way,  even if i can't go on a weekend journey physically, i can mentally.

(click on the image to enlarge)

barcelona, spain

24 july 1993

1 comment:

ang design said...

it's looking bigger than my collection of journals and far neater...