Thursday, December 23, 2010

getting in the spirit.

(click on the image for a closer look)

i am finally able to come up for air, only to realize that christmas is literally 2 days from now. how is that even possible ? so yesterday, i spontaneously decided to go to union square for just a minute to soak up some holiday spirit and to buy a couple of gifts. i'm so glad i did. this was such a beautiful sight (taken from the 4th floor of saks fifth avenue). it literally took my breath away and made me sad at the same time. i was transfixed. it also made me sad that stores are having HUGE 40% off sales already. it's as if the after christmas sales are now starting before christmas. can't we all just slow down and live in the moment ? the best part of the day was being able to see my friend diana. to me, family, friendship and human contact is what christmas should be about. the rest is just fluff.

No comments: